Friday 20 May 2011

Long Time No see

Hi my Beauties …… been a long time eh? – I bet you thought I had gone to the great white kennel in the sky !!

I just been chilling and practising my Yoga

P4189087P4189088

and getting my Ying and Yang in balance

P4189089

 

The truth is, there’s been a few reasons, I have not had chance to get my paws on the keyboard because Chris is on there all the time, we have been away in the motorhome, and most of all, we have spent most of the time at the vets with Rhea. I recon you remember she had a lump come up on her leg – well, it all came back from the vets as clear and nothing to worry about apart from, she couldn’t run around …… main reason being, she had a big bandage on her leg !!! – After quite some time, it all healed fine and then it was my turn to go the the vets for my booster jabs and all that and while we were there, they bought some flea and tick treatment and low and behold, the vets were giving something away and we got a FREE - Kong (large manufacturer of dog toys) Teddy Bear. Brilliant – we had a great old time playing with it and then Maureen noticed the Teddy’s ear sticking out of Rheas chops ….. She went to get it out of her mouth and whooooosh it disappeared down her gullet (Rheas, not Maureen’s !!!) – That is when the great South Western Teddy Bear hunt began ….. all around the garden, in all the flower pots, in the house, under all the furniture ……… you would have stood a better chance of finding a bloody Polar Bear instead of a free Teddy Bear – it was gone, disappeared, nowhere to be seen – poof there is was …. gone. Not a trace of a bit of fluff – NOWT. After more discussions then Benjamin Netanyahu and President Obama over the middle east, it was decided, despite being Saturday (double time for Vets) we had better take her. Henry said the options are to leave it and see what happens of to give her a jab to make her throw up – it was decided to take option two …. the jab ……. we all waited in the car park for the action to begin and expected to see all the bits of teddy to appear – WRONG …. buff – up it came - WHOLE ………

A KONG TEDDY BEFORE RHEA -

KONG-Dr_-Noys-Teddy-Bear-Plush-Dog-Toy

A KONG TEDDY AFTER RHEA !!!!! 

Photo-0006

Unbelievable ……. better out than in I always say. Now the picture doesn’t really show the scale but it was probably about a 4” diameter …… now you don't have to have a string of letters after your name, and passed out of University with a Masters and then the Royal College of Veterinary Practitioners with a  Distinction to know that if Teddy has got a 4” diameter, it just ain’t going to pass through a butt hole which only measures and inch at most !!! – So, all in all, a good call and the jab WAS the best choice !!! Good idea on the vets behalf though eh? – Give ‘em a free gift, then when the get it stuck in the guts, come back and I will get it out for £70 …….. GENIUS !!!

A week after that, she started limping quite badly – back to the vet ! – He gave her a jab, tablets, and a bill for another £90 and diagnosed GROWING PAINS ……. GROWING PAINS … apparently, you can really get them ... anyway, after a day or so, she is back to her normal hyper self despite Chris & Maureen doing their very best to keep her quiet ….. got more chance of of finding a pork chop in a synagogue than doing that. But, touch wood … all is well. A couple of days ago, I noticed she wasn’t biting my legs with as much force as usual … not quite so many bruises and blood as usual – on further inspection, her last remaining baby tooth had cracked and broken off ……. so …. as been as they had not been to the vets for at least a week, thought they had better show their face down there …… Henry must have thinking about selling his holiday retreat in Barbados, funded by Rhea’s treatment. They looked at the broken tooth before getting in the car and the stump was stuck in tight ……. Henry had a look when she got there … NOTHING, it had fallen out in the bloody car ……  Oh, and one more thing, she came into season – so guess what …. we went to the vets !!!! – I couldn’t believe it …. I GOT THE JAB THIS TIME !! You should have seen the needle, it was about the size of a length of drain pipe …… bang, in it went and when I asked what it was, they told me it was a hormone implant stick to “put me off the scent” – It didn’t, and we had planned to go away in the motorhome, and all the sites were booked and paid for …. can you imagine it, a dog on heat and me getting frisky in the back of a caravan on wheels !!! – Once again, many discussions and a plan was put into place ………….

P2228795 

I got bunged in jail …… well that’s what they think anyway, I had a blast as twice a day, they let all the dogs out in the paddock for a free for all ….. One other thing though, when they got back, I overheard them talking about my nadgers  …… apparently, the implant I had will make my nuts shrink – Could have told me that BEFORE they whacked me – Instead of a fine pair of walnuts which I have grown to love, admire and lick quite a lot, I am going to end up with a pair of peanuts !! – Good news is, when the jab wears off in 6 months, they will grow back – hopefully and even BIGGER and BETTER than before – I can hear ‘em now, when I walk down the street with them swinging in the breeze, “fine pair of COCONUTS you got there Cody” !!

Anyway sweeties …. glad your okay and thanks for all the requests for the update ….. Hopefully won’t be so long next time ….

Take Care – Cody

No comments: