Thursday 9 November 2023

 Just for my own reasons, basically that by doing this, Cody will be in the World for ever, my beautiful, trusting and faithful friend Cody crossed the rainbow bridge on 16th September 2023

He got old, as we all do and got slower and slower and I knew he didn't have long in this place. We put him in kennels, where he loved to go, and he trotted in there with out looking back. Five days into our holiday, we had a call from Kate who runs the kennels to say Cody had collapsed, and she had taken him to the vets at 10:30 in the morning. His condition worsened, and he was put to sleep at 15:30. They believe his bladder may have ruptured and cause peritonitis.

Kate arranged to have him collected by a local pet crematorium and he was individually cremated and his ashes will be spread in a woodland where he loved to go. He is still with us at the moment and every time I walk past his container, I give it a pat and speak to him, as I did every day of his life. 

The very worst thing about owing a dog is this, loosing them. People say it like having a child, but as children get older, they become more independent whereas dogs rely on on you all their lives. It is so hard to say goodbye to such a faithful friend and a member of your family, but I can take comfort in knowing Cody had a great home from the day he arrived until the day he did.

Sleep well lovely boy






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely words Chris, sleep well Cody.

John Hannon said...

I loved reading Cody's blog, I always felt that I actually knew him.
Lovely words Chris, not quite as good as Cody's writings.
Sleep well Cody.