Sunday 23 January 2011

Anyone else want to be a Show Dog

Hi all – How goes it then?

Well it has been the usual chaos in the house with them two trying to keep me and Rhea apart so I don’t sit on her and flatten her. They decided to take us both out together and put Rhea on a long lead and me as well, thinking all would be calm and relaxed – your having a laugh ‘aint you … we hadn’t been out for more than 60 seconds and she was like a screaming banshee and our leads were like a piece of Granny’s knitting – needless to say, it was just tooooo stressful for the old people and we went in opposite directions …… It has been pouring with rain last week and you know what that means – MUD and WATER. There is nothing us Golden Retrievers like more than to get as dirty as is possible – on the other hand – big, fierce, man eating, aggressive guard dog Dobermann’s – she walks AROUND puddles and wont even go out to the bog if it’s raining !!!

She is growing all the time and I must say, turning into a fair old bit of skirt and lets face it, she is not really my Sister, so I might try my luck when she gets a bit older !!

P1228655aaa 

Anyway, enough of her – back to me, me, me ………

They decided I had to go in another show – Why do they bother, I act like a right loony I jump up at the judge and they just don't take the hint and still put me in for them. Well this time, they really got there own back ………. apparently, it is not acceptable – for some reason only known to the Kennel Club for a dog to have sticky up hair …. well Retrievers anyway ……. Well ….. to overcome this absolutely tragic situation, Maureen and Chris sent off for a thing called a DryCoat – I should have twigged that when we got home and I was as dirty as a tramps left sock, Chris tied my lead to the flamin’ fence and the dreaded hose pipe came out !!! – In all fairness, it was warm water but they gave me a bath – Golden Retrievers don’t like baths – well this one don’t anyway …….. Chris ended up wetter than I was – laugh ……… but the old saying – he who laughs last ….. laughs last !! – They rubbed me down with a towel and then stuck the latest gadget in sticky up hair on me – THE DREADED DRYCOAT ……… Well what a berk I looked

P1188623

I mean – I ask you …… do I look a knob or what? – They then decided it might be a good idea to read the bloody instruction and they were supposed to cut slots to poke my lug holes through ….

P1208629 

P1208627

Oh Yeah - that worked a treat didn’t it - I don’t look anything like a right dickhead any more do I ?

And then they wonder why I don't like going to dog shows !!!!!!!!!

Well despite all the protests – we went to Exeter and I did have to do as requested, but this time, Chris took me in the ring so I did behave a little bit better than normal and then got a third place .. I am the handsome, good looking one, and he is the short fat balding bloke on the other end of the lead …

P1228650aa

Right – I am off to bed now – so take care – See ya – Cody

1 comment:

Donna said...

Rhea looks great a real show dog .... look out cody !!!! .... he looks thick and a bit silly in that dry coat ... bless him x x